- Researching and planning the most appropriate route for a shipment, taking account of the perishable or hazardous nature of the goods, cost, transit time and security.
- Arranging appropriate packing, taking account of climate, terrain, weight, nature of goods and cost, delivery and warehousing of goods at their final destination.
- Obtaining, checking and preparing documentation to meet customs and insurance requirements, packing specifications, and compliance with overseas countries' regulations and fiscal regimes.
- Arranging insurance and assisting the client in the event of a claim.
- Organising air transport for urgent and high-value freight and managing the risk door to door.
- Co-ordinating charters for large volume, out-of-gauge or project movements by air and sea.
- Dealing with special arrangements for transporting delicate cargoes, such as livestock, food, medical supplies and other fragile goods.
- Working closely with customers and other parties to ensure smooth operations to deadlines.
Mike Saywack founded Mike Harrison Shipping. He has over twenty years experience and has applied his in depth knowledge and comprehensive experience to organising the transportation of your goods.
We have over 15,000 square feet of warehousing, ensuring the professional receipt, storage and dispatch of your goods. Our modern fleet of Mercedes-Benz vehicles operate seven days a week to ensure appropriate collection of your goods from door-to-door, and is exempt from the Transport for London Low Emission Zone.
Contributing to the community, we provide continuous support to the Guyana Law Association who offer assistance to students in Guyana by presenting supplying them with materials and training. We frequently collect thousands of textbooks and ship them to law students in Guyana.
We regularly sponsor and host events, such as the Guyana 40th Republic Anniversary Mashramani Dance and the Mike Harrison Shipping Softball Cricket Cup.
Organising a relief operation in 2005 after heavy rainfall caused severe flooding in Guyana, we collected medical supplies and clothing from throughout the country and shipped them to the government in Guyana, free of charge.